Middle and High School Student Learning Opportunities
New this year, NBG will offer a Science Club Pass to middle and high school students taking higher level science courses – Earth Science, Biology, AP Biology, AP Environmental Science. As a leader in environmental advocacy for the Hampton Roads area, it is the mission of NBG to inspire and educate all those who desire to plant a better world. Although field trips are indefinitely suspended for whole classes, we see this as an opportunity to allow individual students to visit an outdoor facility that relates directly to their course curriculum, and to provide opportunities for real world application. While at this time these visits would be offered as self-guided opportunities, NBG staff would be more than happy to work with teachers and students to develop more guided, research, or project-based opportunities as the school year progresses. Homeschool families are welcome to use the Science Club Pass!
Teachers, parents, guardians, and students can reach out to us by email at email@example.com or (757) 441-5830 ext.463 to book their Science Club Pass. If a student has questions – content, research, or field related questions, we encourage them to email us so that we can ensure the right staff person is able to provide feedback.
TO SCHEDULE A SCIENCE CLUB PASS FOR A STUDENT, PLEASE EMAIL THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION TO YOUTHED@NBGS.ORG:
- Your name.
- Your contact information – address, phone number, email.
- Start date – Club Pass will be distributed on this date as Visit #1.
- The number of students and parent chaperones planning to attend (see pricing below).
- The grade level of the student(s).
- The school the student(s) attends.
NOTE: ALL VISITS MUST BE SCHEDULED AT LEAST 48 HOURS BEFORE THE INTENDED VISIT DATE. PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. WALK-UP REGISTRATION AND/OR VISITING WITHOUT A RESERVATION IS NOT PERMITTED FOR THE SCIENCE CLUB PASS.
Science Club Pass Pricing
- $80/student. Allows an individual student to visit the Norfolk Botanical Garden up to 8 times during a single school year.
- Any other attending guests (adults or children) will be required to pay regular Garden admission for each visit, or purchase additional Club Passes if the same adults and/or children will be attending each time with the student.
- NBG members may attend free of charge.
Additional Booking Information
- Participants are asked to pay by check, credit card, or cash upon arrival at the Garden. Checks should be made payable to Norfolk Botanical Garden. If paying with cash, please have exact change.
- Upon arrival, a staff member will meet you at the Baker Hall Visitor Center to assist with payment, provide a map and walking directions, and answer any/all questions relating to use of the Science Club Pass.
- All activities are outdoors. Please remember to wear appropriate clothing for walking and weather conditions. In extreme weather conditions, outdoor programs can be rescheduled.
- All visits must be pre-scheduled before visiting the Garden. Please provide the Garden with 24 hour notice of cancellations.
- Picnics are permitted in the Garden. We recommend you plan for a “picnic-blanket” style lunch on any grassy area.
- Adult chaperones are responsible for students’ behavior, any disciplinary actions, and/or first aid required during their visit.