The Garden of Tomorrow construction is underway with LIMITED PARKING. NBG Members and Not-Yet-Members are required to reserve/purchase a Timed-Entry-Ticket. Members – a reservation is needed, but your ticket is always free. This will ensure a parking space and help us with traffic flow especially during high visitation days. Need assistance with reserving a ticket, please call our Visitor Services Team at 757-441-5830 ext. 0
If you have further questions about The Garden of Tomorrow construction, contact Cathy Fitzgerald, Chief Operating Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (757) 441-5830 ext. 319
Bikes are allowed on campus from 4:00PM – 7:00PM nightly.
Plan your visit
- For daytime admission, members and not-yet-members must reserve their TIMED-ENTRY-TICKET before entering the Garden, due to limited parking from construction of The Garden of Tomorrow.
- Children under age 3 do not need a ticket.
- Current Garden hours of operation 9:00AM – 7:00PM.
- Norfolk Botanical Garden participates in Museums for All and City of Norfolk PowerUP! Program. For more information, please contact our guest services at 757-441-5830 ext. 0
- NBG participates in over 300 botanical gardens through the American Horticultural Society Reciprocal Admissions Program
- Visitor Etiquette
TOOLS TO HELP YOU PLAN
- Learn more about Norfolk Botanical Garden
- Check out our Early to Mid-June Horticulture Highlights
- See the Garden map and Garden areas.
- The Summer Butterfly House opens Saturday June 17th.
- Check out our upcoming events and exhibits.
- Dogs are allowed only on Sundays.
- The Tropical Display House/Conservatory is closed the first Tuesday of every month.
- Bike nights return Saturday April 1st and are from 4-7PM daily.
- Join us on Wednesdays with Duckin Big Dill Farm from 10AM-2PM
WOW Children’s Garden
- WOW Children’s Garden is open daily 9:30AM – 6:30PM.
- Splash Fountains are on daily 9:30AM-6PM through September.
- For more information on WOW Children’s Garden hours and gardens click HERE
- Learn about the children and family programs we offer at the Garden.
- Wheelchairs are available to rent for free on a first come, first served basis at our Front Desk in our Baker Hall Visitor Center. We hold on to an ID while you have the wheelchair checked out.
DINING & SHOPPING
- Learn more about Rotating Food Trucks in the Garden. Garden Café is closed indefinitely.
- Picnicking is welcomed and encouraged.
- Vending machines are available in the Children’s Garden and near the Butterfly House bathrooms.
- Water fountains are available throughout out the Garden and some have touchless water bottle refill feature.
- Learn more about the Garden Gift Shop, including hours.
Environmental Impact & More
- Learn more about our Environmental Actions
- Land and Labor acknowledgment statements
- Keep up with how much energy and cost the Garden is saving on Baker Hall Visitor Center Solar Panels. Click here.
Seasonal Tram Tours
Departs at 10AM, 11AM, 12PM, 1PM, 2PM, 3PM and 4PM daily.
Departing from the Education Lawn behind Baker Hall Visitor Center.
Seasonal Boat Tours
Starting in May, boats will run on the weekends ONLY (Fri- Sun) until Memorial Day then it will run daily until Labor Day
Departs at 11AM, 1PM, 3PM and 5PM
Members are $5.00 Not-yet-members are $10.00
See monthly overview of garden blooms
BECOME A MEMBER FOR EXCLUSIVE BENEFITS
try out some of our classes
Frequently Asked Questions:
Please respect your fellow guests, volunteers, vendors and Garden staff while enjoying the peaceful beauty of nature. Norfolk Botanical Garden is an accredited outdoor museum and is committed to providing a safe, inclusive and respectful environment for all to enjoy. Garden staff, volunteers, vendors and all visitors have the right to an environment free from abusive and/or threatening behavior, including the use of derogatory or offensive language. In the event of any such behavior or other harmful conduct towards Garden staff, volunteers, visitors or property, Norfolk Botanical Garden reserves any and all rights permitted by applicable law, including a request to leave the premises, contacting emergency services, revocation of membership privileges and prosecution. Norfolk Botanical Garden also reserves the right to determine what constitutes unacceptable behavior.
Yes! Wheelchairs are available to rent for free from our Baker Hall Visitor Center. We hold on to an ID while you have the wheelchair checked out. Wheelchairs are available on a first come, first served basis.
We welcome dogs to the Garden every Sunday! ADA Service animals are always welcome.
Click here to find out what is in bloom when you are visiting. The Director of Horticulture also publishes weekly recommendations which you can find on a chalkboard inside the Baker Hall Visitor Center.
Picnicking is welcomed and encouraged. Please leave the area as you found it. The Garden follows City of Norfolk rules in regards to open container alcohol which means it is not allowed on property
Single-use plastics are the number one pollutant on land and in our waterways. Our mission is to LEAD through environmental action and INSPIRE through education and connection to nature. Please bring a reusable container to be filled at the many cold, filtered-water dispensers located in the Garden (indicated on the Garden map by a water droplet symbol).
The Garden is a self-guided walking tour. We do offer guided tram tours which are included with Garden admission. Tram times vary based on the season and day of the week, so we encourage you to check the website or call 757-441-5830 ext. 0 for the tram schedule before visiting.
Yes, as long as you have your general admission receipt from the same day. We do not allow reentry for special events.
Bikes nights are 4-7PM daily from April 1 through October 15. Please leave skates, skateboards, rollerblades, and scooters at home.
If you would like to book a tour of the Garden, we offer group rates for twenty or more guests. You can learn more about Group Tours here
Amateur photographers are always welcome. For commercial or portrait photography, please see our Portrait Photography Policy or contact Weddings & Events at (757) 441-5830 ext. 320
We are closed Thanksgiving, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day from 9AM-5PM. Please visit us in the evening during these holidays for our Dominion Energy Garden of Lights.
No, we do not have a café onsite. Check out our rotating food trucks located behind Baker Hall our main visitor center.
City of Norfolk code prohibits fishing, swimming, or launching a watercraft from the Garden.
We are located at:
6700 Azalea Garden Road
Norfolk, Virginia 23518-5337
Get Directions »
Next to Norfolk International Airport. Minutes from Downtown Norfolk and Virginia Beach.