Nature in the Classroom Teacher Professional Development
Thursday, October 5 | 4:30-8PM
REGISTRATION OPENS AUGUST 1!
Join Norfolk Botanical Garden for an evening of refreshments, networking with area museums and professional educators, and break-out sessions to kick off the 2023-2024 school year! The full schedule for the workshop will be announced closer to the program date. Participants will earn three (3) professional development points to go towards their licensure renewal by attending the informational break-out sessions. All sessions will focus on ways in which to incorporate nature and environmental science themes and elements into different subjects and curricula. This workshop opportunity is part one of two, with the second workshop taking place in April 2024.
NEW THIS YEAR: Registrants of the Nature in the Classroom workshop will receive 20% off an NBG outreach and/or a guided field trip for all October 2023-March 2024 programs!
- Each participating educator is permitted to register one (1) ticket for their own participation. To ensure we have the correct name and contact information for each participant, each attending teaching is required to register their own ticket. If you are having difficulty registering, you can email email@example.com or call (757) 441-5830 ext.463.
- Participating educators are required to complete at least three (3) to receive their three (3) professional development points.
- Admission to the event is only extended to the teachers registered for the workshop. Additional guests are not permitted.
- The Nature in the Classroom Professional Development Workshop is open to all current and soon to be profession educators! Topics for the break-out sessions will range from K-8 life science SOLs.
- Public school teachers are required to register with their school email address to confirm their school district.
- Upon completion of the workshop, participants are required to complete a digital survey to provide feedback on the professional development opportunity. Certificates confirming the professional development points will be sent out once the surveys are completed.
Send all questions relating to the workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to the Jack & Anne Glenn Charitable Foundation for sponsoring the 2023 Nature in the Classroom Teacher Professional Development Workshop.