Summer 2022 Water Education Teacher Professional Development
Saturday, August 6 | 9AM-5PM
2022 SUMMER REGISTRATION CLOSED!
Join Norfolk Botanical Garden and our community partners Lynnhaven River Now!, Elizabeth River Project, and Arts for Learning for a one-day teacher workshop dedicated to water ecology and conservation education!
Complete four (4) one-hour workshop sessions relating to water ecology, wetlands, waterways, the water cycle, and more! All sessions will be completed in-person at Norfolk Botanical Garden. Virtual participation will not be offered this year. Check-in for the workshop will begin at 9AM. The full schedule for the workshop will be announced closer to the program date. Participants will earn five (5) professional development points to go towards their licensure renewal!
- Each participating teacher is only permitted to register one (1) ticket for their own participation. To ensure we have the correct name and contact information for each participant, each attending teaching is required to register their own ticket. If you are having difficulty registering, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (757) 441-5830 ext.463.
- Participating teachers are required to complete all four (4) session topics to receive their five (5) professional development points. Garden admission is only extended to the teachers registered for the workshop. Additional guests are not permitted.
- The Water Education Professional Development is recommended for 3rd-8th grade teachers based on their corresponding Science SOL Standards.
- Teachers are required to register with their school email address to confirm their school district.
- Upon completion of the workshop, participants are required to complete a digital survey to provide feedback on the professional development opportunity.
- Each registrant will additionally be entered into a raffle! The selected winners will receive their prize during the lunch portion of the workshop.
- Pastries, coffee, and lunch are included with the workshop! Please email email@example.com after you register to notify us of any of food allergies/dietary restrictions.
Send all questions relating to the workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org.