Outdoor Classroom Educator Workshop
Saturday, March 2 | 9AM-12:30PM
Join Norfolk Botanical Garden a FREE morning of refreshments, networking, and break-out sessions that invite educators to explore ways in which to create an outdoor classroom space using their school campus, backyard, neighborhood park, or any available outdoor area! The workshop schedule will be announced closer to the program date. The schedule below provides some information on break-out session and tram tour times. Participants will earn five (5) professional development points to go towards their licensure renewal by attending any combination of break-out sessions and tours of the Garden.
Registration is limited to the first 200 educators. Registration includes Garden admission, light refreshments, and entry into a raffle prize for several prizes.
- Check-In: 8:45-10AM. Participants should expect to spend at least an hour and a half at the Garden. The full workshop is 9AM-12:30PM.
- Break-Out Sessions: 9:15-9:45AM, 10-10:30AM, 10:45-11:15AM, 11:30AM-12PM.
- Session topics to be announced.
- Narrated Tram Tours: 10:30AM, 11:30AM, 12:30PM.
- Self-Guided Tours: Tropical Display House, Margaret Moore Hall Bicentennial Rose Garden, Daffodils (Garden-wide)
- Raffle Prize Drawings: 12PM.
- Each participating educator is permitted to register one (1) ticket for their own participation. To ensure we have the correct name and contact information for each participant, each attending teaching is required to register their own ticket. If you are having difficulty registering, you can email email@example.com or call (757) 441-5830 ext.463.
- Educators are welcome and encouraged to register for both the October 2023 and March 2024 workshops! Registration for both workshops will open on Tuesday, August 1. Separate tickets are required for each workshop. Registration is limited to the first 150 educators for each workshop!
- Participating educators are asked to complete at least five (5) break-out sessions and/or tours of the Garden during the October 2023 workshop to receive their five (5) professional development points. Educators are advised to dressed to be outside for portions of the workshop.
- Participating educators are asked to complete at least five (5) sessions and/or tours of the Garden during the March 2024 workshop to receive their five (5) professional development points. Educators are advised to dressed to be outside for portions of the workshop.
- Admission to the event is only extended to the teachers registered for the workshop. Additional guests are not permitted.
- Both workshops are recommended for K-12 professional educators, homeschool educators, and college students pursuing licensure.
- Upon completion of the workshop, participants are required to complete a digital survey to provide feedback on the professional development opportunity. Certificates confirming the professional development points will be sent out once the surveys are completed.
NEW THIS YEAR: Attending educators for both workshops will receive 20% off an NBG outreach and/or a full price guided field trip for all 2023-2024 programs!
Send all questions relating to the workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to the Jack & Anne Glenn Charitable Foundation for sponsoring the 2023-2024 Outdoor Classroom Educator Workshops.