Nature in the Classroom Teacher Professional Development
Saturday, February 4 | 9AM-12PM
Join Norfolk Botanical Garden for a half-day teacher professional development workshop to learn different ways to teach and reinforce nature and environmental science concepts in your classroom!
Complete sessions relating to pollination, teaching the water cycle, and more! All sessions will be completed in-person at Norfolk Botanical Garden. Check-in for the workshop will begin at 8:30AM, with the first session beginning at 9AM. The full schedule for the workshop will be announced closer to the program date. Participants will earn three (3) professional development points to go towards their licensure renewal!
NEW THIS YEAR: Registrants of the Nature in the Classroom workshop will receive 20% off an NBG outreach program and 20% off a guided field trip for February-April 2022!
- Each participating teacher is only permitted to register one (1) ticket for their own participation. To ensure we have the correct name and contact information for each participant, each attending teaching is required to register their own ticket. If you are having difficulty registering, you can email email@example.com or call (757) 441-5830 ext.463.
- Participating teachers are required to complete all session topics to receive their three (3) professional development points. Garden admission is only extended to the teachers registered for the workshop. Additional guests are not permitted.
- The Nature in the Classroom Professional Development Workshop is open to all science educators! Topics will range from K-8 life science SOLs.
- Public school teachers are required to register with their school email address to confirm their school district.
- Upon completion of the workshop, participants are required to complete a digital survey to provide feedback on the professional development opportunity. Certificates confirming the professional development points will be sent out once the surveys are completed.
Send all questions relating to the workshop to firstname.lastname@example.org.