NORFOLK BOTANICAL GARDEN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Norfolk Botanical Garden gladly accepts applications for any open job posting.
All open jobs are posted here. If you cannot find a job match at this time, please consider a volunteer position.
Position: Information Technology Specialist
Position type: Fulltime employment, 40 hours per week. Non-exempt under Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Description: The IT Specialist will assist in all aspects of information technology at Norfolk Botanical Garden including network equipment, servers, workstations, and phone systems.
- Associate’s Degree in IT or related technology degree or equivalent; or six months to 1-year experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Customer service soft skills
- Ability to independently troubleshoot and solve technical issues
- Self-motivated and directed
- Flexible work schedule to provide support for events on weekends and evenings; especially during winter to support holiday light show
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Provide IT support for a staff of 100+ employees
- Troubleshooting/problem solving equipment and software when issues arise
- Ensuring both hardware and software are up to date and fully functional
- Installation and maintenance of network equipment, workstations, and other IT infrastructure
- Proficiency with Windows 10 (operation, installation, troubleshooting)
- Experience with PC hardware, troubleshooting and repair
- Knowledge and understanding of Windows server, virtual machines, and IPS POS
- Knowledge and understanding of server applications (SQL, Exchange365, Window IIS)
- Experience with Microsoft, Apple, and Linux
Benefits: Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays. Health insurance (NBG pays 70% of individual premium), 403(b) retirement with up to 4% company match and professional development opportunities.
Pay range: Commensurate with experience
Reports to: IT Manager
Affirmative action plan/equal employer opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement: NBG is committed to the principles and ideals of equal employment opportunity. It is, and shall continue to be, the policy and practice throughout NBG to foster equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for applicants, employees, and volunteers without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other protected status, if qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Click here to download an application.
Send resumes and applications to email@example.com
Our friends at the Marigold & Honey Cafe are hiring. Please visit their website for information.