NORFOLK BOTANICAL GARDEN EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITIES
The Norfolk Botanical Garden gladly accepts applications for any open job posting.
All open jobs are posted here. If you cannot find a job match at this time, please consider a volunteer position.
Position: Facilities Assistant
Position type: Part-time employment, about 24 hours per week. Non-exempt under Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Description: This is a part time position that performs custodial work, event setup and support. Additional duties as assigned.
Reports to: Facility Supervisor
Essential Functions: Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated, and customer service oriented. Must poses a willingness to learn.
Essential Physical Functions: Has the ability to work outside for 8 hours in heat, cold, or light rain and can continuously walk, stand, bend, twist, and/or stoop for the shift. Has the ability to push, pull, and/or lift 50 pounds.
- Must be willing to work 8-hour swing shifts weekends and evenings.
- Must be 18 or older.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Health insurance including an HSA or copay option (NBG pays 70% of individual premium and 65% of dependent/family premium)
- 403(b) retirement plan with discretionary 4% match
- Company sponsored life-insurance coverage.
- Group rates on voluntary benefits such as dental, supplemental medical expense insurance, vision, STD, accident.
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays.
- Professional development opportunities.
- Staff discounts on programming, gift shop & café.
- NBG logo wear for work provided.
- EAP services for all employees.
Equal Employer Opportunity (EEO) statement: NBG is committed to the principles and ideals of equal employment opportunity. It is, and shall continue to be, the policy and practice throughout NBG to foster equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for applicants, employees, and volunteers without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions including lactation, status as a veteran, or other protected status, if qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Download the NBG Employment Application
Send resumes and applications to email@example.com
Our friends at the Marigold & Honey Cafe are always looking for great staff.
Please visit their website for information.