Children’s Birthday Parties
Birthday party rental opportunities will be available starting March 2021!
As part of our updated birthday party rental packages, part hosts and guests will have private access to our Picnic Shelter for an hour and a half, be able to explore the Garden, complete self-guided activities, and so much more!
Pricing for the updated rental package is $100 for members, and $200 for not-yet-members. Pricing includes private access to the Picnic Shelter, admission for all party attendants (up to 25 guests over the age of 2 – includes host family), self-guided activities and a goodie bag for the attending children, and paper products for the party (plates, cups, napkins). After the conclusion of the “formal” rental, guests will have access to explore the rest of the Garden.
Email email@example.com for additional pricing options and schedule availability. Include your name, telephone/email, the name/age of the birthday child, how many guests you expect, and your preferred dates/times.
- Due to the current restrictions mandated by the state of Virginia, all birthday party rentals have been suspended until March 2021. Additional information will be be posted as updates are made available.
- For all updates regarding Norfolk Botanical Garden’s COVID-19 policies and procedures, please visit: https://norfolkbotanicalgarden.org/committed-to-your-safety.
ALL BIRTHDAY PARTIES INCLUDE:
- Half an hour early arrival before rental time to set-up. A staff person will greet the host family at the Picnic Shelter to deliver the paper products for the party, drop off self-guided activities and goodie bags for the attending children, and answer any/all questions the host family may have. The staff person will return at the end of the party to assist with clean up.
- Hour and a half classroom rental. An additional hour can be added to the rental for $50.00.
- Self-guided activities and a goodie bag for each attending child.
- Garden admission for all party attendants.
WHAT CAN/CAN’T I BRING?
- Please remember that you may only bring food (that doesn’t require heating or cooling), dining and serving utensils, and any other “pack in, pack out” items you may need for the party. We will provide paper plates, paper cups, and napkins for the party.
- If you plan to decorate for the party, please notify staff of what you plan to bring. We will only permit table covers and table decorations.
- Bluetooth speakers or other small speaker devices are permitted to play music. Outside entertaining is not permitted.
- Norfolk Botanical Garden does not permit balloons, piñatas, or helium tanks on the property.
- No public refrigeration is available. A cooler for ice, drinks, and leftover food is recommended.
- You may bring your own food that can be served at room temperature. Prepared sandwich/veggie/fruit trays are highly recommended. Food and cake deliveries are NOT permitted.
- Staff do not handle open food, assist with food preparation, nor serve guests.
NBG GREEN INITIATIVES:
In an effort to better function as an advocate for environmental stewardship, we ask that all of our birthday parties adhere to the following guidelines:
- Single-use plastics including, but not limited to: dining utensils, plates, cups, as well as all forms of Styrofoam, are prohibited on campus.
- Where disposables are necessary, please try to use biodegradable materials only. This includes the use of paper-based plates, cups, and napkins. Biodegradable plastic or wooden flatware is advised.
- Recycling and trash receptacles are provided in the rental space. Please ensure that your party attendees are using the proper bins when disposing of items.
- Items that can be recycled: aluminum cans/bakeware/foil, steel and tin cans, clear, brown, or green glass, plastics (clean), cardboard, magazines/newspapers, office paper, paperboard (ex. cereal boxes), and mixed paper.
- Items that cannot be recycled: used napkins, tissue paper, paper towels, wax paper, wrapping paper, cardboard lined with plastic (i.e. bubble wrap boxes), waxed/waterproof cardboard, metal and cardboard containers, mirror glass, window glass, ceramic, crystal, plastic” baggies”, plastic tableware, Styrofoam containers, and plastic bottle caps.
- Please let us know if you have any questions about the products that we prefer to be utilized in the Garden.