WOW Children’s Garden Birthday Parties
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for updated information regarding our summer rental opportunities.
Book your child’s birthday party in the WOW Children’s Garden! Our classrooms are designed to make hosting easy and affordable for parents, and fun for children and guests. Parties include an hour and a half classroom rental, themed decorations, and Garden admission for party guests.
COST: Pricing starts at $200, and is based on party attendance. Email email@example.com for additional pricing options and schedule availability. Include your name, telephone/email, the name/age of the birthday child, how many guests you expect, and your preferred dates/times.
- We are following State of Virginia and City of Norfolk mandates closely. We will be in contact with you should any COVID-related restrictions affect a rental.
- Due to restrictions on gathering sizes, the birthday party child and immediate family (parents, siblings), all extended family members, and other attending guests over 12 months old must be included in the final guest count.
- Masks are required to be worn by all guests over the age of 10 (and highly recommended for anyone over the age of 3) in all of the Garden buildings. This would of course not apply during any temporary periods of food/drink consumption.
- WOW staff wear facial masks, and regularly clean/disinfect the classroom surfaces before and after rental use. Our Facilities staff have increased their upkeep of all public restrooms. Please let us know if you have any questions regarding our cleaning policies.
- Any attending guest who is sick or has been around someone else who is sick should stay home.
- We have not yet determined whether or not the WOW splash fountains will be in operation this summer. Should you decide to book with us, we will keep you informed with any/all updates relating to the fountain schedule.
- A $50 deposit is required to hold your reservation date/time, with the final payment expected at least a week before the rental date.
- Refunds/Cancellations: In the event the reservation must be changed due to COVID-19 updates, we can reschedule your rental, or credit the $50 back to your NBG account to be used towards a future purchase. See below for additional information on our cancellation and refund policy.
- For all updates regarding Norfolk Botanical Garden’s COVID-19 policies and procedures, please visit: https://norfolkbotanicalgarden.org/committed-to-your-safety.
ALL BIRTHDAY PARTIES INCLUDE:
- An hour and half rental of a WOW classroom.
- Admission for up to 50 people (adults/children older than 12 months), including both members and non-members. For additional fee, a second classroom can be added to increase the party attendance to 50.
- Arrival 30 minutes early to finalize classroom set-up, with a staff member to assist with transporting party supplies to WOW. Guests are not permitted to ride on the golf cart.
- Themed decorations (choose from bug, farm, pirate, or flower).
- A $50 minimum deposit is required at the time of reservation. The remaining balance must be paid at least a week before the event.
WHAT CAN/CAN’T I BRING?
- Party hosts may only bring food (that doesn’t require heating or cooling), dining and serving utensils, including plates, cups, and napkins, and favors for your party.
- Tablecloths and themed centerpieces are included with the rental.
- Balloons, piñatas, and helium tanks are not permitted in the Garden.
- No public refrigeration is available. Bringing a cooler is recommended.
- Alcoholic beverages are not permitted in the Children’s Garden.
- Catering and cake/food deliveries are not permitted.
NBG GREEN INITIATIVES:
In an effort to better function as an advocate for environmental stewardship, we ask that all of our birthday parties adhere to the following guidelines:
- Single-use plastics including, but not limited to: dining utensils, plates, cups, as well as all forms of Styrofoam, are prohibited on campus.
- Where disposables are necessary, please try to use biodegradable materials only. This includes the use of paper-based plates, cups, and napkins. Biodegradable plastic or wooden flatware is advised.
- Recycling and trash receptacles are provided in the rental space. Please ensure that your party attendees are using the proper bins when disposing of items.
- Items that can be recycled: aluminum cans/bakeware/foil, steel and tin cans, clear, brown, or green glass, plastics (clean), cardboard, magazines/newspapers, office paper, paperboard (ex. cereal boxes), and mixed paper.
- Items that cannot be recycled: used napkins, tissue paper, paper towels, wax paper, wrapping paper, cardboard lined with plastic (i.e. bubble wrap boxes), waxed/waterproof cardboard, metal and cardboard containers, mirror glass, window glass, ceramic, crystal, plastic” baggies”, plastic tableware, Styrofoam containers, and plastic bottle caps.
- Please let us know if you have any questions about the products that we prefer to be utilized in the Garden.
WOW Classroom Rentals
Interesting in classroom rentals for other events? No problem! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information regarding our rental options.