Children’s Birthday Parties
The WOW splash fountains are on, and we’re ready to party! Starting in June 2021, all children’s birthday party rentals will be hosted in the WOW Children’s Garden!
As part of our updated birthday party rental packages, party hosts and guests will have private access to our WOW Children’s Garden Loblolly Classroom for an hour and a half, be able to play in the splash fountains, visit the Washed Ashore summer exhibit, and so much more!
Pricing for a birthday party rental package is $250 for members, and $350 for not-yet-members. Pricing includes the classroom rental and table decorations, admission for party attendants (up to 25 guests over the age of 2), and paper products for the party (plates, cups, napkins). After the conclusion of the “formal” rental, guests will have access to explore the rest of the Garden.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for additional pricing options and schedule availability. Include your name, telephone/email, the name/age of the birthday child, how many guests you expect, and your preferred dates/times.
ALL BIRTHDAY PARTIES INCLUDE:
- Half an hour early arrival before rental time to set-up. A staff person will greet the host family at the parking lot with a golf cart. Staff will bring down the party supplies on the Golf Cart to be delivered to the classroom. Guests are not permitted to ride the golf cart.
- Hour and a half rental. This includes the breakdown of the party materials.
- Garden admission for up to 25 party guests. Up to 10 additional guests (35 total) can be added for $50.00.
- Need more time? An additional hour can be added to the rental for$50.00.
NEW! Deluxe Garden Dinosaur Party
- For September, October, and November birthday parties, guests can upgrade to a Deluxe Garden Dinosaur party! This deluxe option features a dinosaur-themed terrarium craft and goodie bags for up to 10 children (includes birthday child and siblings) and decorations for the room, and includes all of the regular birthday party amenities – up to 25 total guests, tablecloths, table decorations, and paper plates, cups and napkins.
- Pricing: $350 for NBG members, $450 for not-yet-members.
- If you are expecting more than 10 children to participate in the terrarium craft and goodie bags, additional sets can be added for $10/child.
- All attendance requirements apply to the deluxe party option. Hosts can add 10 additional guests (total of 35) for $50.
- Additional time will not be added to the rental to complete the terrarium. Hosts can add an additional hour to the rental for $50.
WHAT CAN/CAN’T I BRING?
- Please remember that you may only bring food (that doesn’t require heating or cooling), dining and serving utensils, and any other “pack in, pack out” items you may need for the party. We will provide paper plates, paper cups, and napkins for the party.
- If you plan to decorate for the party, please notify staff of what you plan to bring. We will only permit table covers and table decorations.
- Bluetooth speakers or other small speaker devices are permitted to play music. Outside entertaining is not permitted.
- Norfolk Botanical Garden does not permit balloons, piñatas, or helium tanks on the property.
- No public refrigeration is available. A cooler for ice, drinks, and leftover food is recommended.
- You may bring your own food that can be served at room temperature. Prepared sandwich/veggie/fruit trays are highly recommended. Food and cake deliveries are NOT permitted.
- Staff do not handle open food, assist with food preparation, nor serve guests.
NBG GREEN INITIATIVES:
In an effort to better function as an advocate for environmental stewardship, we ask that all of our birthday parties adhere to the following guidelines:
- Single-use plastics including, but not limited to: dining utensils, plates, cups, as well as all forms of Styrofoam, are prohibited on campus.
- Where disposables are necessary, please try to use biodegradable materials only. This includes the use of paper-based plates, cups, and napkins. Biodegradable plastic or wooden flatware is advised.
- Recycling and trash receptacles are provided in the rental space. Please ensure that your party attendees are using the proper bins when disposing of items.
- Items that can be recycled: aluminum cans/bakeware/foil, steel and tin cans, clear, brown, or green glass, plastics (clean), cardboard, magazines/newspapers, office paper, paperboard (ex. cereal boxes), and mixed paper.
- Items that cannot be recycled: used napkins, tissue paper, paper towels, wax paper, wrapping paper, cardboard lined with plastic (i.e. bubble wrap boxes), waxed/waterproof cardboard, metal and cardboard containers, mirror glass, window glass, ceramic, crystal, plastic” baggies”, plastic tableware, Styrofoam containers, and plastic bottle caps.
- Please let us know if you have any questions about the products that we prefer to be utilized in the Garden.