There’s no better time to upgrade your garden than fall, and this year, our Education Department is proud to offer carefully curated garden’s – to go! We’ve hand selected a number of tried and true native perennials, that not only compliment each other visually, but grow well in similar site conditions. Proceeds from this sale go directly back to our education department and programs!
MEMBERS BENEFIT : SAVE 10% – MEMBERS RECEIVE EXCLUSIVE MEMBER PASSWORD & COUPON CODE ON Tuesday, Sept 5TH.
NOT YET A MEMBER? JOIN TODAY
(If you didn’t receive the email, contact our visitor service department to verify your member email address at 757-441-5830 ext. 324)
Garden To-Go Kit FAQ
- Pick up – Thursday Sept 14 (10-12, 1-3, 4-6), Friday Sept 15 (10-12, 1-3), Saturday Sept 16 (10-12).
- To-Go Kits: $55 not-yet-members, $49.50 for members
- 6 types of kits (listed below) as well as some 5 packs of species will be available online
- Kits contain native perennials (plants that return each season)
- Each kit comes with 15 plants (5 species, 3 of each), and an educational pamphlet with ALL individual plant info
- Single Species 5 packs: $20 not-yet-members, $18 members
- Plants in kits are selected for general, similar growing conditions, staggered seasonal interest, and to provide a variety of textures, colors, and sizes
- Landscape plugs are what we use to install new landscapes at the garden (ie boat basin/canal walk used landscape plugs). Benefits are easier install, better survival and growth rate, more sustainable regarding resource use/waste
- Additional plants will be available for purchase (card only) in person during pick up
- People who purchase plants online will receive a reminder/know-before-you-go email before pick up
Wondering how these kits are grouped together?
These kits are not only grouped together by theme, but have plants specifically selected to grow well together. Each kit contains 15 individual plugs, with 5 different species, as well as a information brochure and plant and care fact sheets.