Opening Summer 2021!
Currently recruiting Butterfly House volunteers for the 2021 summer season!
Check out our volunteer page, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Please adhere to the following guidelines for the safety of yourselves, our volunteers, other guests, and of course, our butterflies in all stages of their lives.
- Mind your feet! Please be cautious of our living collections as you enter their habitat, and refrain from touching or handling of any specimens
- Please wear a mask in the presence of our wonderful volunteers and other guests
- Maintain one way traffic through the butterfly house
- Please limit house to 3 families, or 10-15 guests at a time
- Respect social distancing guidelines, and wait for the previous group to proceed into the next colored zones as marked along the paths.
- No dogs in the house at any time
Additionally, for those not comfortable entering the house, we have created viewing areas along the side of the house bordering the Dawn Redwoods and outdoor class room. And remember, there are many beautiful native butterflies throughout in the 2.5 acre Butterfly Garden that surrounds the Butterfly House! With this garden full of nectar and host plants, there are always opportunities to watch butterflies in action, and be sure to explore the butterfly maze located toward the back of the Butterfly Garden!
Mark your calendars for our educational pop-up programs!
Join us in the shaded outdoor classroom area next to the house every Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday, from 11:30am-11:45am, and learn about Monarch migration, butterfly life cycles, and gardening for butterflies! Programs are meant for all ages to enjoy, and consider taking the 11am tram from Baker Hall, as it stops conveniently outside the Butterfly House! See you soon!
Butterfly House Volunteer Orientation Dates:
May 8th 10 AM-1 PM
May 14th 10 AM- 1 PM