Build & Play – LEGO Contest
Haven’t seen the newest exhibit at Norfolk Botanical Garden: Nature Connects® Art with LEGO® Bricks yet? Want to come explore the Garden and play with LEGOS throughout the day? Now’s your chance!Date/Time
Saturday, March 07
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
BUILD & PLAY EVENT CONTINUES AT THE GARDEN
SAVE THE DATE:
Mark your calendar for Saturday, March 7th from 9 AM – 5 PM. A special build and play area will be set up in Rose Garden Hall for you and your family to enjoy. Hampton Roads Lego User Group (HARDLUG) will be returning and setting up a race track. All you need to do is build a race car with our LEGO pieces and its ready, set, go!
In addition, “Monarch Mountain” sand hill will welcome the addition of a big block building zone to inspire and educate builders of all ages on this special day.
To celebrate the 50th anniversary of Earth Day this year, we are encouraging all young Lego enthusiasts to build displays at home that honor nature and/or the environment and bring them to the Garden between 10 AM – 12 PM on March 7th for a LEGO contest.
- Entries must be your own creation (no Lego designed kits) using your own Lego, Duplo or Mega blocks and built at home
- Participants may not receive help or suggestions from others
- Each participant will complete an entry form upon arrival
- Each entry must incorporate at least 1 green LEGO brick in honor of Earth Day
- Winners will be announced @ 1 PM and a first place ribbon presented to the winner in each age category
- Lego Designer – Level 1 = age 7 years and under
- Lego Designer – Level 2 = ages 8 – 12
- Lego Designer – Level 3 = ages 13 – 19
Come spend the day with us on March 7th
The Marigold & Honey Café will be open from 11 – 5!