Dogs are welcome to join the fun on Sundays
July – October 2019
YOUR DOG’S DREAM HOME IS WAITING!
Barkitecture is a fun and educational exhibit for all ages. This summer the Garden’s Enchanted Forest will become the stage for custom doghouses worthy of the most pampered pooch. The exhibit will feature designer doghouses built by local companies, organizations, and individuals—creating exclusive puppy palaces. Families will embark on a journey through the Enchanted Forest, choose their favorite house, and vote for the winning design team. The Garden will keep you up to date on the vote standings through social media and right here on the Garden’s website.
You can purchase one of the doggie palaces too! Money raised will benefit the Garden and other local charities.
LOOK WHO’S BUILDING!
- Ainslie Group
- Chrysler Museum of Art Glass Studio
- Coastal Design Group
- Colonial Welding & Fabrication
- Convert Solar
- Covington Contracting, Inc.
- Dominion Energy
- Farmers Bank
- For the People Projects
- HBA Architecture & Interior Design
- IKEA Norfolk
- JM Sykes Inc. Construction
- The Mariners’ Museum and Park
- Norfolk Botanical Garden
- Norfolk Animal Care and Adoption Center
- O’Connor Brewing Co.
- People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)
- P.G. Harris Construction Company
- PMA Architecture
- RRMM Architects
- Siska Aurand Landscape Architects, Inc.
- Spacemakers, Inc.
- Ann P. Stokes Landscape Architects
- Taylor’s Do It Center
- Tidewater Home Funding
- Tymoff+Moss Architects
- VIA Design Architects, PC
- Virginia Beach Friends School
- Virginia Stage Company
- With a Twist Inc.
Other Fine Sponsors:
A CHANCE TO CONNECT WITH NATURE
Barkitecture will add an imaginative way to connect children with nature by using a familiar concept—a doghouse for the family pet—with the idea of shelter and homes in nature for all types of plants, insects, birds and wildlife.
If you are interested in participating as a builder for Barkitecture 2019, please contact VP of Operations and Development, Cathy Fitzgerald. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • Phone: 757-441-5830, ext. 319
Don’t miss Barks and Brews
July 7, Aug. 14, Sept. 8 & October 13
Music, Food & Beer – all with your canine best friend.