To bring attention and promote solutions to the plastic pollution crisis, Norfolk Botanical Garden is hosting a FREE tote bag design contest with the theme
“Art to Save the Sea”
All tote bags for the contest have been reserved. To be added to our waitlist for unclaimed tote bags, please email email@example.com.
- Tote bags are scheduled to be picked up from NBG Friday, August 6 – Sunday, August 8.
- Supplies are limited! All materials are first come, first served. If you register for a tote bag and are unable to pick-up the materials on the designated weekend, you will have one week (until Sunday, August 15) to claim your materials. Unclaimed tote bags will be distributed to guests on our waitlist after one week.
- NBG members are able to use their memberships for admission to pick-up the tote bags.
- Not-yet-members may check-in for their tote bags without purchasing admission tickets; however, tickets will be required to be purchased should not-yet-members decide to stay and enjoy the Garden.
Click one of the links below to register your pick-up date. All dates are full. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the waitlist for unclaimed tote bags.
Submissions should relate to the ocean and marine life conservation , or ways to change individual habits to reduce, reuse, recycle, and refuse single-use plastics in everyday life. (see contest guidelines below)
- Each participant will be allowed to enter one (1) tote bag for the contest. Multiple entries will not be accepted.
- Participants will enter into one category for the contest: Age 3-7, Age 8-13, Age 14-19, or Age 20+.
- Designs are required to reflect the Art to the Save the Sea theme. Bags that do not incorporate the theme will not be considered for the contest.
- Participants are provided a tote bag and fabric markers to complete the contest. Outside art supplies may also be used.
- Once your art design in complete, participants will submit a photo of their tote bag, their name, their contact information, and the category they are entering to Norfolk Botanical Garden by emailing email@example.com.
Submissions are due by 5PM on August 31.
Selecting the Winners
- A committee will select the winning tote bag for each of the four categories. Winners will be announced in September.
- Each winner will receive a prize pack that must be picked up in-person from Norfolk Botanical Garden, and will have their tote bag design shared on social media.
- Prizes should be picked up within one week of the contest winners announcement.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any/all questions relating to the contest.
The Art to Save the Sea Tot Bag Contest is Sponsored by: