The Garden Cafe is the perfect choice for a bistro-style lunch. Guests can dine while enjoying the spectacular views from the terrace. Opening late spring 2015.
In the Meantime
While the Cafe is undergoing exciting new changes, please feel free to bring a blanket & a picnic basket and enjoy the beauty of the Garden.
We will frequently host a variety of different food trucks until the NEW Cafe opens.
Please check back for updates and the Cafe’s opening date.
Gerty’s Gourmet Kitchen: Sunday, April 19th, Friday, April 24 & Sunday, April 26
Hashi: Wed., April 28 • Tues., May 26
Karnage Asada: Sunday, April 26 • Friday, May 1 & Sunday May 3 • Thursday, May 7 & Friday, May 8 • Thursday, May 21 & Sunday May 24
Lucky Peach: Friday, May 8 • Friday, May 22 • Friday, May 29
Twisted Sisters Cupcakes: Friday, May 8, Saturday, May 9 & Sunday, May 10
Tacos Bueno: May 30
The Fred Heutte Horticultural Library, located in the Education Building, is an excellent resource for information on all aspects of gardening. Only members may check out books, but everyone is welcome to use the library for reference. Next time you are curious about anything horticulture related, visit the Fred Heutte Horticulture Library, we’ve got what you need! Learn more…
- Accessibility: All trams are wheelchair accessible. To request special assistance, please contact 757-441-5830 ext. 324 (front desk).
- Benches located throughout the Garden.
- Free Parking adjacent to the staffed main Visitor Center.
- 12 miles of Walking Paths
- 8 minute video overview of the Garden.
- Picnic area includes a covered picnic pavilion and picnic benches.
- Exhibits: seasonal outdoor exhibitions and changing exhibits displayed in the Visitor Center year round.
- Water Fountains: Located at Cobblestone Bridge, Colonial Garden, Hydrangea Garden, Picnic Area, Tram Circle, Woodman of the World Wayside, World of Wonders Children’s Garden.
- Courtesy Phone: For local calls in Visitor Center and Garden Education building.
- Restrooms: Bristow Butterfly Garden, Garden Education building, Next to the Garden Cafe, Picnic area, Rose Garden Hall, Visitor Center, World of Wonders Children’s Garden.
- Vending Machines: Food and drink machines may be found in the Bristow Butterfly Garden, Garden Education building, World of Wonders Children’s Garden.