The Garden Cafe is the perfect choice for a bistro-style lunch. Guests can dine while enjoying the spectacular views from the terrace. Or, arrange a pre-ordered boxed lunch or dinner.
The Cafe is open 10 am to 4 pm daily, April 1 – October 15
The Cafe is closed October 16 – March 31
See the Cafe Menu 2014
Garden Cafe is run by our preferred caterer – Creative Catering of Virginia.
The Fred Heutte Horticultural Library, located in the Education Building, is an excellent resource for information on all aspects of gardening. Only members may check out books, but everyone is welcome to use the library for reference. Next time you are curious about anything horticulture related, visit the Fred Heutte Horticulture Library, we’ve got what you need! Learn more…
- Accessibility: All trams are wheelchair accessible. To request special assistance, please contact 757-441-5830 ext. 324 (front desk).
- Benches located throughout the Garden.
- Free Parking adjacent to the staffed main Visitor Center.
- 12 miles of Walking Paths
- 8 minute video overview of the Garden.
- Picnic area includes a covered picnic pavilion and picnic benches.
- Exhibits: seasonal outdoor exhibitions and changing exhibits displayed in the Visitor Center year round.
- Water Fountains: Located at Cobblestone Bridge, Colonial Garden, Hydrangea Garden, Picnic Area, Tram Circle, Woodman of the World Wayside, World of Wonders Children’s Garden.
- Courtesy Phone: For local calls in Visitor Center and Garden Education building.
- Restrooms: Bristow Butterfly Garden, Garden Education building, Next to the Garden Cafe, Picnic area, Rose Garden Hall, Visitor Center, World of Wonders Children’s Garden.
- Vending Machines: Food and drink machines may be found in the Bristow Butterfly Garden, Garden Education building, World of Wonders Children’s Garden.