Book a field trip to the Garden for your day care, summer camp, or other type of children’s group. During your visit you can visit any of our themed gardens, and also:
- Pick up a scavenger hunt and explore the WOW Children’s Garden.
- Cool off in our interactive WOW splash fountains.
- Visit our Butterfly House.
- Groups are asked to pay by check, credit card, or cash upon arrival at the tollbooth. Checks should be made payable to Norfolk Botanical Garden Society or NBGS. If paying with cash please have exact change.
- Cost: $8.00/child ages 3-17; $9.00 per adult chaperone, NBG members may chaperone free of charge.
- Teachers, bus drivers, and school staff receive complimentary admission to the Garden.
- All participants receiving the reduced rate must be covered in one payment from the organization. Please collect all payments before your arrival.
- We do not issue refunds for overpayment. Please write checks for the correct amount of confirmed participants. Group totals may be adjusted up to one week before your visit date.
- Please notify the Garden at 441-5830 x461 if your group or any chaperones will arrive by individual cars, instead of by bus.
- Bus parking is located in the back left corner of the parking lot. Please direct your bus drivers to park and unload the students in this location. Do not unload in front of the Baker Hall Visitor Center. A staff member will meet you in the parking lot to direct your group the proper location to begin your visit.
- All activities are outdoors. Please remind students to wear appropriate clothing for walking and weather conditions. In extreme weather conditions, outdoor programs can be rescheduled.
- Please provide the Garden with 24 hour notice of cancellations. If you fail to cancel without 24 hour notice your organization will be required to pay in full when pre-registering in the future.
Book a Classroom to Enjoy During Your Summer Group Visit
Book a classroom in the WOW Children’s Garden for two hours, to have your own space to access the World of Wonders (WOW) Children’s Garden (Tuesday-Thursday) based on availability). Classroom capacity is 35 people. Rental of the classroom lengthens the time you are allotted in WOW. Cost: $100/ 2-hour rental in addition to Group Rate or Guided Tour fees.
Summer 2018 “School’s Out Nature’s In” Guided Tour
This summer, learn about weird plants through scavenger hunts, activity stations and more. Children will learn all the ways that plants are strange, unusual and awesome, and plant weird seeds in a decorate-your-own flowerpot. The cost includes access to the World of Wonders Children’s Garden, a take home container garden with weird seeds for each child, and a one-hour guided tour. Groups can also enjoy access to our Public Tram tours (first-come, first-serve)
- Cost: $12/child (ages 3+)
- Teachers and School Staff are free. Additional parents/chaperones are $12.00/person. Minimum fee of $180 (15 children) required to qualify for guided group reservation.
- Guided Summer Children’s Education Tour Reservations are available Tuesday- Thursday mornings at 9:30, 10:30 and 11:30 AM. Reservations must be booked at least three business-days in advance of arrival date and are subject to availability.