THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING TO BE A BUTTERFLY HOUSE GUIDE!
Butterfly House is open June 14 – September 21, 2013
Basic job requirements:
- Butterfly House Guides are proactive.
- Butterfly House Guides – smilingly – approach visitors and welcome them. They make sure that the doors are closed after people enter and leave the Butterfly House.
- Butterfly House Guides answer questions about the butterflies and plants.
- Guides direct the visitor to the appropriate resource for questions they cannot answer.
- Butterfly House Guides help all visitors have a safe and fun experience.
- Make sure all children enter and leave with parent, guardian,or group. If a child is wandering without the parent, please stay with the child. If possible find out their name and/or age or where their parent was last seen. Some children may be too young to provide any information. Immediately radio all staff for assistance to locate the missing parent.
Specialized training is required to be a Butterfly House volunteer. Please contact the Volunteer Services Manager to register for the training session. Training sessions are:
- Thursday, April 18 at 6:30-8 p.m.
- Thursday, May 16 at 10-11:30 a.m.
- Tuesday, May 21 at 6:30-8 p.m.
Advanced training for those wanting more in-depth information:
- Thursday, June 4 at 6:30-8:30 p.m.
Amanda Wells, Volunteer Services Manager
757-441-5830 ext. 327