Our mission, to enrich life by promoting the enjoyment of plants and the environment through beautiful gardens and educational programs, requires that we do all that we can to inspire children and families and that we set a standard in horticulture and programming for this region. Personal contributions help the Garden grow and provide the people of Hampton Roads and beyond with an enriching and gratifying educational experience. Your generous gifts also make it possible for us to bring entertaining and exciting events, exhibits and special programming to our guests.
We hope you will continue to give to the community by giving to the Garden, and that you will consider creating your legacy by making contributions in the form of planned gifts, memorial or honorarium donations or through volunteerism.
REASONS TO SUPPORT NORFOLK BOTANICAL GARDEN:
- Our education programs reach more than 35,000 youth, master gardeners, seniors and gardening lovers each year.
- The Garden hosts more than 20,000 school children each year from most of the public schools and many of the private schools in the area.
- Norfolk Botanical Garden is home to many distinguished collections. For example, our Bicentennial Rose Garden is an All American Rose Selections trial site and yearly recipient of the Certificate for Outstanding Rose Maintenance. And the Virginia Native Plant Garden received a Stanley Smith Horticultural Grant, a Virginia Endowment Grant, the Garden Club of America’s Founder’s Fund Award, donations from three local garden clubs and the local chapter of the Virginia Native Plant Society – a true collaborative effort.
- We host local garden clubs and other civic and service groups.
- Our grounds and facilities are recognized as a prime wedding location.
- 60% of our paid gate admission comes from out of state visitors, visits that contribute substantially to our local economy.
- The Garden’s membership grows annually – currently we are approaching 8,000 members.
- Nearly 300,000 visitors enjoy the garden experience every year.
Norfolk Botanical Garden is an oasis of peaceful beauty, colorful landscape displays and dynamic programs because people like you believe the Garden enriches all our lives. Your personal investment in Norfolk Botanical Garden will ensure that the Garden will continue to grow. Thank you for helping us continue what we love to do — provide the public with a pristine place to learn, enjoy the outdoors and appreciate nature.
If you are interested in making a financial contribution please contact Cathy Fitzgerald, Director of Donor Relations 757-441-5830 ext. 319.
Norfolk Botanical Garden is a 501(c)(3) organization, and donations are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law.