Norfolk Botanical Garden is a museum environment. In the interest of preserving a safe, family-friendly atmosphere and a secure habitat for plants and wildlife, please observe the following:
- Service dogs are welcome. Click here for additional Service Dog information. All Dogs are invited to enjoy the Garden on designated FIDO days.
- Balls and Frisbees are permitted in Mayors’ Row.
- Bikes and tricycles are welcome on Bike Nights. Please leave skates, skateboards, rollerblades, scooters, kites, and balloons at home.
- For the safety of our guests and plant collection, tree climbing is discouraged.
- Parents or guardians are responsible for children at all times.
- Treat all living things with respect. Please leave plants and natural items where you find them, for everyone’s enjoyment.
- The Garden is home to a variety of wildlife. For your safety and theirs, please refrain from feeding or handling them.
- The Garden is a smoke-free environment.
- City of Norfolk code prohibits fishing, swimming, or launching a watercraft from the Garden.
- Amateur photographers are always welcome. For commercial or portrait photography, please see our photography policy page or Guest Services, staff.
- You are invited to explore the Garden; please remain on grass and paths.
- Picnicking is welcomed and encouraged. Please leave the area as you found it.
- Look closely and you will be amazed at what you discover!
Additional guidelines for private event rentals are available by request. For more information please contact the Weddings & Events team by phone or email, email@example.com or 1(757)441-5830 Ext. 320.