Date and Time:
Date(s) - Saturday, October 20th, 2012
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Regular Garden admission applies for non-members.
A “fido” fee of $5 will be charged to Garden members.
Norfolk Botanical Garden and the Norfolk SPCA team up for one special day to celebrate fitness with families and their dogs. This first-time fundraising event will create an opportunity for the entire family, including “Fido” to get fit on a 2-mile, self-guided marked walk. Join us for fun activities, great music and food; all in the most beautiful environment in Hampton Roads. Proceeds from this fundraising event will benefit the Norfolk SPCA and Norfolk Botanical Garden.
9 a.m. – 4 p.m. Dogs welcome in the Garden
10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
Leash-free dog park in Enchanted Forest is open
Puppy related craft outside the WOW Children’s Garden entrance
Special activities from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Displays and Food Vendors (see below)
- Pet Adoption by Norfolk SPCA
- Pet Photo opportunity sponsored by Taylor’s Do-It Center
- Music by David Welsh; The Diamonds
The Norfolk SPCA will also collect needed animal care supplies, such as canned food, bedding, blankets and grooming items. Your additional donation can help hundreds of animals! For a complete animal wish list visit www.norfolkspca.com/wish_list.html
Displays & Vendors
Rules & Regulations
- Norfolk Botanical Garden reserves the right to excuse any dog, at any time.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises. Dogs must be removed at the first sign of aggression.
- Owners must stay with their dogs the entire time you and your dog are on the premises.
- It is YOUR responsibility to clean up after your dog. We will provide poop bags.
- All dogs must have COLLARS.
- All dogs must remain on a leash except in designated off-leash area.
- All buildings and the World of Wonders Children’s Garden are off limits to dogs.
- Owners/custodians of a dog are responsible for the acts and conduct of their animal at all times when at the Garden.
Norfolk Botanical Garden