WOW NatureKids Children’s Garden Programs
Takes place in the World of Wonders Children’s Adventure Garden
(WOW Children’s Adventure Garden requires 1/3 mile walk to WOW area from the parking area.)
Join us for this hour long adventure exploring the natural environment. Immerse your little ones in the Garden’s sights, sounds, textures, shapes and smells. VA SOL: Science: K.2, K.4, K.6, K.7, K.8
Little Sprouts Pre-K program
Bring your little sprouts to the Garden and enjoy playing along in our story program. Your students will listen to a Garden Teacher read a story to your group, explore the garden on a themed walk, and even plant a seed to take home!
Join us for WOW ABC’s to explore your senses in our sensory garden, visit the dirt factory to learn about the plant life cycle, plant sunflowers to take back to school and explore our plant safari looking for creatures in the frog bog! VA SOL: Science: K.2, K.4, K.6, K.7, K.8, History/Geography: K.4, K.5, K.8a, d.
Tram Tours for School Groups
- School group tours booked after January 1, 2015 do not include tram rides, unless booked separately.
- Tram rides are considered an additional tour and do not reduce the amount of walking required for a Guided walking tour.
- Cost: $2/person in addition to the above tour rates. Minimum of $75. Chaperones covered free for admission must book and pay for a tram seat. Teachers ride the tram for free but must still be included in the number of seats booked.
- Trams are booked for a maximum of 75 people (children and adults).
- Trams must be booked when tours are scheduled and are subject to availability.
- If a tram is scheduled but is unavailable due to maintenance or other issues, your group will not be charged for the tram rides.
Traveling School Outreach Programs
Can’t make it out the garden? Then let the Garden come to you with our Suitcase Science outreach programs. Choose from a variety of topics, schedule a visit, and let one of our Garden Teachers lead an SOL based program designed to complement your curriculum. $80 per class (maximum 25 students), $60 for each additional class on the same day. Limit 3 classes per day with same program. During the school year, Outreach Programs are available October -February only and will be scheduled on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday afternoons for 12:30-1:30pm, 1-2pm or 2-3pm.
Introduce your students to the world of plants with this exciting, hands-on program led by one of our knowledgeable Garden Teachers! Your students will love working to build a 8ft felt veggie garden puzzle and planting seeds to keep in the classroom! VA SOL: Science: K.6, K.8, History: K.8b, c English: K.1aTo schedule a school or children’s group tour please contact the Registrar. Monday through Friday 10AM – 2PM 1(757) 441-5830 x 338
Teachers may also email inquiries to Registrar@nbgs.org