Floral Design Certificate Program
Did you ever want to be a floral designer or want to make arrangements at home? Norfolk Botanical Garden offers the ONLY professional floral design certificate program in southeastern Virginia. Turn your passion into a marketable skill.
- Learn from a panel of top local designers
- Comprehensive curriculum
- Hands-on training with fresh flowers every class
- Shop training: ordering, inventory & customer service
- Rigorous and Vigorous!
We provide you with a level of training in floral design that is not taught anywhere in the region. Join others to learn trade secrets, tour local floral shops, take home wonderful arrangements and a skill that could be used to join local floral shops as an employee.
Beginning Floral Design
This is a three week program. Students must attend 40 hours and pass written and hands-on tests to receive a certificate. All supplies and flowers are included in course fee. Students enjoy taking home weekly floral designs. Cost of the course is $495 ($545 for not-yet- members).
Intermediate Floral Design
Available only for those who have successfully completed the Beginning Floral Design Certificate Program at the Norfolk Botanical Garden. This is a two week program. Students must attend a minimum of 30 hours and pass written and hands-on tests to receive a certificate. All supplies and flowers are included in course fees. Students enjoy taking home weekly floral designs. Cost of the course is $495 ($545 for not-yet- members).
Graduates of the Program say:
- “Exceptional course – learned a lot!”
- “Instructors have a vast knowledge of the Floral Industry”
- “Excellent instructors & outstanding in their presentations”
- “Strong point of class was “hands-on” practice”
- “Education received was top notch!”
For information, please call us at 757-441-5830 x 338.