Norfolk Botanical Garden Employment Opportunities
The Norfolk Botanical Garden gladly accepts applications for any open job posting.
All open jobs are posted here. If you cannot find a job match at this time, please consider a volunteer position.
Position: Parking Crew
Classification: Nonexempt under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
Salary: $8.00/ hour
Position type and expected hours of work: This is a seasonal position from November to January 1, 2018. 25-35 hours a week. Evening schedule during show.
Summary/objective: Norfolk Botanical Garden is seeking parking crew to direct NBG guests during holiday events. The team member must be able to follow established parking plans and procedures.
- Parking crew stand for the shift and direct cars to parking spaces.
- Parking crew members walk around the parking lot as assigned to direct cars.
- Parking crew must be able to communicate over a hand held radio and provide excellent customer service to guests.
- Parking crew may be reassigned to monitor the light show by replacing light bulbs that are burned out, broken or missing.
- Report any items in need of repair to supervisor.
- Must be able to work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Care for and ability to use all issued equipment such as: hand tools, hammers, safety belts/vests, safety glasses, light wands, etc.
- Must be willing and able to stand for entire shift.
- Must be able to bend, twist, turn, stoop, push, pull and reach high and low to complete all job functions. Ability to hear, listen, speak and depth perception required.
- Able to work outdoors in adverse weather conditions.
- Able to maintain dependable work attendance and flexibility with assigned work schedules including required evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Able to perform other duties as assigned.
Affirmative action plan/equal employment opportunity (AAP/EEO) statement: NBG is committed to the principles and ideals of equal employment opportunity. It is, and shall continue to be, the policy and practice throughout NBG to foster equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for applicants, employees, and volunteers without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, marital status, disability status, or other protected status, if qualified to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.